The Ultimate Parent Struggle:
Worried About Your Child’s Behavior and Feeling Frustrated as a Parent
If you can relate to the above, you are like most of my therapy clients who seek child or parent counseling.
I am sure you are a good parent who has tried everything under the sun to help your child. It’s hard for you to reach out for help as you may think you should be able to figure things out on your own.
Perhaps you feel like you are failing as a parent or at least feel you should be functioning better than you currently are.
Common Reasons Parents Seek a Therapist
Here’s some of the problems you may be experiencing with your child:
- Your child seems unhappy – sad, lonely or depressed. Perhaps there has been a change in his or her life—a move, a divorce or other loss.
- Your child is having temper tantrums that you cannot control. In fact, it may feel like your child is completely out of control.
- Your child seems fearful--perhaps has terrible nightmares or is afraid to sleep alone.
- Your child is easily frustrated. Maybe has angry outbursts. He or she seems to be in conflict with everyone.
- Your child seems to often be in trouble with his or her peers.
- Your child makes frequent negative comments about him/herself indicating low self-esteem.
- Your child’s school performance is lagging.
- Your child is having problems socializing at school.
When Your Child Suffers, You Suffer
When your child is having problems, it is easy to want to put your own needs on the back burner and focus all of your attention on your child.
The problem with doing this, however, is that the stress builds until you end up feeling completely exhausted and at your wits' end.
When you have reached your limits as a parent you are more likely to do and say unhelpful things in an attempt to re-gain control.
Then matters often end up getting worse.
You might feel guilty or start believing you are a “bad” parent.
40 Years of Therapy Practice Have Shown Me That You Can Have the Relationship with Your Child that You Want
Hi, my name is Laurie Wender. I’m a parent counselor, children’s therapist and couples therapist. My focus for the past 4 decades has been on helping families live together more harmoniously.
After helping hundreds of families over the years, I know the kinds of problems parents struggle with.
Fortunately, I also know how to help solve them.
As a play therapist and parent counselor I can work with you and your child to assess and help you understand what is causing the problems you are seeing.
I can help your child feel more confident, secure and listen better.
I can help you feel more confident and at be more comfortable in your parenting.
Child Therapy Helps Your Child:
- Listen and cooperate better with you.
- Be more resilient to stress and problems he or she faces in life.
- Feel more secure, leading to better sleep, better social relationships and more independence.
- Be happier and more relaxed.
- Have better relationships with peers.
- Accept your limits without resisting.
Parent Counseling and Coaching Helps You:
- Have better and stronger parenting skills.
- Feel more confident and at ease when parenting your child.
- Be able to set better limits better.
- Have a stronger relationship with your child.
- Have a more relaxed family where you enjoy one another more.
- Be happier and have more energy to focus on the other areas of our life that require attention.
You, your child and your family don’t have to struggle anymore.
Child and Parent Counseling can help.
You can have the family that you want.
There can be less struggle and much more joy.